After extensively testing the top photo editing software available, Adobe Photoshop Elements came out as the clear winner for its wide-ranging yet intuitive editing capabilities. It is available for both PCs and Macs, and has a simple, intuitive learning curve for beginners. Here are four of our top recommendations for downloading and using this great photo editing software:
* If you have an old PC, the first thing you should do is download Photoshop Elements for free. The free version works on both the MACS and the WII and has been designed to be portable and useable wherever you are. Unlike other free photo editing software that will only allow you to edit on the camera screen, Elements offers a lot more. You can easily go from the interface to creating filters and adjusting brightness and color. And it includes basic tutorials so you won't get lost.
* If you have an android phone, you are in luck! Android phones are almost like a mini computer that can run many different apps at once. You will be able to use multiple widgets, a keyboard shortcut and keyboard shortcuts for everything. The best part about using your phone for editing photos is that the interface is easy to navigate, and features include touch controls, auto-save, and a customizable zoom lens. The best photo editing software for your android phone is Photo Editor Pro, which is currently the android version of Adobe Photoshop.
* If you are new to editing, the best photo editing software for beginners is definitely the free edition of Paint Shop Pro, which is the first software that you need to start learning if you want to become an advanced user. It comes with just over 100 templates and includes everything that you need to edit pictures: background, text, color, outline, and fill. And it's free!
* The next best editing program for beginners is BeFunky. This is the standard in digital collage tools and is easy to learn with fun tutorials. BeFunky also features a great selection of stickers that are perfect for adding effects and details to your photos. And to add even more features, you can also integrate BeFunky with other tools such as PSP Scratchbook, Photoshop Elements 7, and Paperbox.
* If you are looking for the ultimate photo editing software for beginners, then I recommend you download GIMP. Although it's free, this tool is still one of the best. GIMP is a powerful, fully customizable, open source solution for creating, saving, and sharing images. It's powerful features include layer-based editing, 'stacking,' and a powerful cataloging system. Another great thing about GIMP is that it's cross-platform compatible, so it works well on Linux, OS X, and Windows.
* If you are more of a social media junkie, then you may want to check out Photocafe. Photocafe is a fantastic solution for sharing and organizing your digital photos on the Internet. Not only can you upload your photos to photocafe, but you can also add videos and music to give your images a much higher quality vibe. And since this is a free version, you can use it on your mac, PC, and android phones/tablets. And it's cross-platform compatible, so you can share it easily with any of your devices.
These are just three of the best platforms for editing your pictures across multiple platforms. Which one is right for you? It depends on what you're really using your Photoshop software for. If you are looking for something more specific, like learning how to retouch photos taken with a digital camera or with film, then go with the free versions first. It's definitely worth taking a look at these platforms first.